Monday, August 17, 2009

Minor setback

Any official functions we have to adhere to the standard protocol as per standard practise depending on your organisations' protocol. Different functions require different set of protocols. That was part of my job - that is to make sure the right VIPs seat at the right seating. Little did I know, what I thought was the standard protocol was not seen as the right thing to do according to this particular so-called VIP. I was merely doing my job. If I had known that the seat that I offered her would have offended her social ranking and status, I would definitely find ways to rectify the whole thing. But then again, if I do that then, this will set a precedent for future functions.

Anyway, being in this line of work, I'm prepared to kena tukul and bambu, so I faced the music this morning. Being me, it 's not easy to just keep quiet when someone scolded you even though you know you were on the right side. No point arguing, when someone was so angry over petty matters like this (well, at least to me). I just kept my cool and remain calm. Deep down, God knows. I felt down, because I know I did the right thing. But not to worry, I'll bounce back, after all this is just minor setback.

I find it's unfair but the again, siapa juga si Farrah tu, kan??? It's just a job, it's not everything. There more to life than just work. I bet, some hypocrites in the office were already celebrating knowing the fact that Farrah just got screwed by someone "BIG" up there. For all you know, it'll be hot topics at the canteen. The next thing you know, cerita-cerita tu ditambah garam and gula untuk kasih sedap rasa but that's the least of my concern. That is beyond my control. At least I get free publicity, famous for the wrong reasons; macam Paris Hilton pulak!

To my BFF, thank you for being there, thank you for standing next to me, I really appreciate it...hey, you know who you are:-))


No comments:

Post a Comment