Saturday, January 23, 2010

The art of ass kissing

All these while I am a strong believer that to succeed in your career all you need to do is put your commitment to your work, perform every task and assignment given to you and most importantly, exceed your boss's expectation. That's it. It's very simple. Nothing personal nor office politics. Boy, I was damn wrong. It turns out to be that ideal scenario only exist in "Farrah's World" not in the real world.

The reality is, just by performing your assignments are not enough. You need to do ass kissing to get to the top of the ladder. Doesn't matter if you don't excel in performing your assignment. Doesn't matter if your work cincai or lack of flavour or not up to the expected standard. What actually matter is mastering "The art of ass kissing"; to which I am lacking at!!!

Perhaps I should change my ideals. Maybe from now on I should put ass kissing as my priority in work???Mungkin I kena pakai air-corn kali? Atau kipas kuat-kuat?Ehyer...

Yucks. I don't know how others do it. Hmm...I guess by the look of it, I'll be stuck in a rut for sometime. It's ok nalang, I have my principle and I am going to stick with it for now...who knows I might change my mind later. Will let you all know when that happens. Still, the mere thoughts of it, stinks!!!

Have a nice weekend, peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I hate office politics and asskissing as well. But that's how the world works.. but I don't think you need to join them. Just stand your ground, do what you do and do it well, biar lah mereka dgn labu2 mereka..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear, I am sticking to my principle but at times it can be frustrating with all these people. Geram betul tengok muka-muka fake tu, depan bukan main lagi kipas habis. Bila belakang, dorang juga yang kutuk habis. Adedeh...

    For now, I keep telling myself to remain positive and just do my work. After all, it's just work...:-)

    ReplyDelete